Saturday, September 15, 2012

So move it on over...

Even after leaving Utah 8 days ago (we're now in Virginia), I'm still not used to how people drive on this side of the USA.

Example 1:

With the exception of relatively short sections of highway, tractor trailers are allowed (and use) all lanes of the highway. Not necessarily a bad thing but considering the next example, a somewhat nerve-racking, on-going experience.

Example 2:

Speed limits back here are 65-75MPH. Against which I set my cruise control to 4-5MPH over that speed limit. Even so, I spend a high percentage of my time in the right-hand land as cars

and tractor trailers

pass me doing 5-10-15MPH

faster than me.

Given some high wind sareas, this. me.ans I have a tractor trailer doing 60MPH on my right and another tractor trailer doing 75-80MPH on my left... in high winds.

Scary.

No comments:

Post a Comment