Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Day One on the Road

After turning back for home because we forgot something (twice), then getting 'second lunch' in Scotts Valley, we were finally on the road at 3pm. 

We made it up to Truckee in record time (for us), and were pulling up to 'The Cabin' just before 8pm.  Kids did great, Bob and Robby took snoozes, and only one bathroom stop needed. 

Robby kept busy with drumming to the music, looking at "I Can Read with My Eyes Shut", and listening to two fairy tales from the book Nine Unlikely Tales for Children, by E. Nesbit .

Hannah spent at least two hours working on dot-to-dots. 

Yes, the 11 year old. 

Down at Kaleidoscope, in Capitola, we came across these great dot to dot books for older kids and adults. As a surprise I ordered one, and slipped it in her backpack before we left. There are several, but the one Hannah has is Legends and Lore.

They are amazing.

One that she did had over 1400 dots!

Just looking at a page with all those numbered dots makes me cross-eyed.

But then again, I'm no longer 11.





Disclosure: If you buy anything from Amazon through a link from this blog, a few pennies will come trickling down to the Nash family. 


3 comments:

  1. Ooooooops. If that post didn't sound much like Bob, that's because it wasn't. I failed to log him out, and log myself in, so it posted under his name. Live and Learn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hannah-
    Mom, I LIKE Dot-to Dots.
    .....
    as long as they have more that 50 dots :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you try the dots with different colored pens? Rainbow!

    ReplyDelete