Monday, September 3, 2012

Food...

I like food. Really, I do.

At least, I do now.

When I was a kid, I was a pretty darn picky eater (just ask my mom). But 20-30 years later, a few seasons of Good Eats and Diners, Drive-ins and Dives and I'm getting pretty diversified when it comes to food. Plus, if you look at my Bucket List 2012, you'll see that more than a few things listed revolve around food.

So I've been put in charge of where we eat out. Most of the time, we'll be getting groceries and eating in but on many occasions we'll be eating out.

I'd like to get a Chicago-style hot dog from a street vendor while we're passing through Chicago. Maybe even some Chicago-style pizza too.

I'd like to try Boston Clam Chowder (for the first time ever!) while we're in Boston.

So far, a friend from work (and originally from Delaware) has recommended the following...

Steamed blue crabs:

The Boondocks
825 Lighthouse Road
Smyrna, DE 19977


Scrapple:

Anywhere that serves breakfast in Delaware, East Maryland, East Pennsylvania, or Western New Jersey


Pizza:

Grotto's Pizza (I love the standard cheese pizza, but you will only like this if you think pizza sauce is the star of any pizza)

Many locations… ones I typically go to:

15 Boardwalk at Baltimore Avenue
Rehoboth Beach, DE 19971

Or

17 Surf Avenue
Rehoboth Beach, DE 19971


Cheesesteaks:

Geno’s Steaks (cheesewhiz cheesesteak)
Intersection of 9th Street and Passyunk Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19147

Or

Pat’s King of Steaks (provolone)
1237 East Passyunk Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19147

Anyone else have any other ideas from around those parts of our good ol' USA??

3 comments:

  1. Hannah-
    BTW, this is daddy's post.
    He didn't note that

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like an amazing trip and experience for the family!

    Some of our food advice:

    In Philly - two great stops are http://www.paesanosphillystyle.com/ and http://www.readingterminalmarket.org/

    In DC area - http://www.wearefoundingfarmers.com/ had an awesome breakfast and is close to the White House. I can't remember the name of the crab places we have been to when I visit my brother in Maryland, I'll have to ask him.

    We stopped at http://www.pepespizzeria.com/ this summer in Connecticut and it was a hit for some great pizza.

    Lets see, Junior's Cheesesteak in NYC is some pretty good stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you going to Baltimore? The Inner Harbor is the cool place there, with old ships, restaurants, shops & a lighthouse. Our favorite restaurant there is the Rusty Scupper. Excellent cream of crab soup!

    ReplyDelete